ATI is committed to conducting its business in an honest, ethical and lawful manner.
We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, the environment, and our communities.
We are committed to providing a workplace where employees are treated with dignity and respect, free of discrimination, and where all employees can fulfill their potential based on merit and ability.
We strive to conduct business in a fair and open manner, and our employees strive to satisfy the spirit and intent, as well as the technical requirements, of the contracts we enter into and the laws, regulations and rules that govern us.
We support sustainable development and commitment to constantly improve our operations to the benefit of our stockholders, employees, our customers and local communities.
We value our reputation. We pledge to promptly address issues in a lawful and proper manner. We strive to create value for our stakeholders while continually improving our performance as a good corporate citizen.
We take these commitments seriously. Our management and Board of Directors has instilled a culture, throughout our organization, that supports and honors these commitments. We expect that the actions of our employees, officers and directors comply with these Principles and all polices undertaken to further these objectives.???????????
As a means of implementing our Principles of Corporate Responsibility, the Company is committed to:
- Obeying the law and conducting business in accordance with ATI’s Corporate Guidelines for Business Conduct and Ethics;
- Respecting the rights of people affected by our activities and fostering a respectful dialogue with them;
- Supporting local communities and contributing to their sustainability through measures such as locally sourcing goods and services and employing local people;
- Non-discriminatory conduct in the workplace. Decisions on job selection, advancements and promotions are unbiased, based on merit and ability;
- Continually improve safety, health and environmental policies, management systems and controls so they are fully integrated into company activities;
- Promoting a culture of safety and continually reinforcing company-wide safety efforts and maintaining programs that effectively address workplace hazards and monitor and protect employee health and safety;
- Conducting operations in a sound environmental manner and seeking to continually improve performance;
- Promoting the efficient use of energy and material resources in all aspects of our business; and
- Practicing product stewardship and promoting research to enhance the benefits of our products to society.
Our people are the foundation of our company. As our
Corporate Guidelines for Business Conduct and Ethics show, we strive to create and nurture an accepting work environment that emphasizes dignity and respect for our fellow employees.
In our operations, we endeavor to improve the lives of our employees and the communities in which they live and work. We pay fair wages and provide generous benefits. Our work environment encourages employee involvement and promotes feedback and root cause analysis.
We provide equal employment and opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation (which we interpret to include gender identity), age, national origin, veteran's status and disability or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, see
We care deeply about our communities and actively participate in the areas in which our facilities are located. We encourage our employees to give freely of their time to community and charitable organizations.
A sustainable economy is necessary for us to continue to provide value to our stockholders, employees, and community.
Our products have long life cycles.
- Many begin as recycled raw materials and at the end of their useful lives become scrap material to be used again.
- Due to the durability and heat and corrosion resistant properties of many of our specialty metals, the end products' useful lives are extended. Therefore, funds that would otherwise need to be spent repairing or replacing those products, such as component parts, can be used elsewhere.
In addition, there are a number of other indirect contributions to the economy from our business:
- Capital expenditures, which include support of local infrastructure.
- Dividends to stockholders.
- Wages to employees and payments to suppliers.
- Payment of taxes to government entities.
- Revenue as a result or our direct and indirect international sales.
- Donations to charitable causes and engagement in the community.